- Hulu’s New Look, TV Service Go Live on Roku
Roku is bringing its newly-designed smart TV app to Roku’s streaming devices. Starting Tuesday, Roku owners with compatible devices will be able to use the new app, and also subscribe to Roku’s live TV streaming service. Hulu’s new […]
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ to Continue Airing Live Coast-to-Coast
“Saturday Night Live” will continue its live simultaneous airings in all time zones as it enters Season 43, NBC announced Tuesday. Each episode will air live at: 11:30 p.m. Eastern, 10:30 p.m. Central, 9:30 p.m. Mountain, and 8:30 p.m. […]
- Kirsten Dunst Calls Filming ‘Woodshock’ With Mulleavy Sisters ‘Emotionally...
“Woodshock” directors Laura and Kate Mulleavy, who are known as the founders of fashion line Rodarte, stepped out Monday night at the ArcLight Hollywood theater for a red carpet premiere of their first film. Actresses Rowan […]
- Concert Review: Jason Isbell’s Introspective Country Rock Gets a Hero’s Welcome at...
Wordsmiths who write subtle songs about unheroic lives of quiet desperation don’t usually become rock and roll heroes. Yet there was Jason Isbell, getting a conquering warrior’s welcome from a sold-out Orpheum Theatre audience in […]
- ‘The Deuce’ Renewed by HBO for Season 2
HBO has renewed drama series “The Deuce” for a second season. Created by David Simon and George Pelacanos, “The Deuce” premiered Sept. 10 on the premium service. Starring James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal, the series tells […]
- TF1 Studio Broadens Slate with Film Projects From Borsalino, Dimitri Rassam
PARIS– TF1 Studio, the vertically integrated film subsidiary of France’s top commercial network, is pursuing its ambitious acquisition strategy with projects set up at Borsalino Productions and Dimitri Rassam’s On Entertainment, […]
- ‘Croods 2’ Revived as Animated Sequel and Jason Blum’s ‘Spooky Jack’ Get...
DreamWorks Animation’s “The Croods 2” and a new original feature, “Spooky Jack,” were both added to Universal’s release calendar on Tuesday. The sequel to 2013’s “The Croods” had been taken off […]
- Film Review: ‘Caniba’
The latest unidentified factual object from Harvard's convention-busting Sensory Ethnography Laboratory project makes a proud point of its unpleasantness. […]
- Electus Promotes John Pollak to President of Worldwide Television, International...
Electus has promoted veteran executive John Pollak to the role of president of world television and international. Pollak, who has served as president of Electus International since 2012, will now oversee the global rollout of Electus’ […]
- YouTube Kills Paid Channels, Expands $4.99 per Month Sponsorship Model
YouTube is getting rid of one of its first paid content models: The Google-owned video site announced Tuesday that it is discontinuing its paid channels initiative, effectively killing the option to sell the content of individual channels to paying […]