- How Turkey’s TRT World Wants to Win Over U.S. Online Video Viewers (EXCLUSIVE)
American cable news networks are about to get some unlikely competition online. No, it’s not another news site pivoting to video. Instead, it’s Turkey’s public broadcaster TRT, which has quietly begun to target U.S. audiences with […]
- ‘Real Housewives of New York City’s’ Bethenny Frankel Lists SoHo Loft as High-End...
Not having much luck selling her loft in New York City’s SoHo ‘hood, reality TV star and Skinny Girl booze baroness Bethenny Frankel has now made it available, as first noted by the property gossips at Curbed, as a $13,000 per month […]
- Ventana Sur Opens Shop for Latin American Film and TV
Ventana Sur, by far Latin America’s biggest movie-TV market, unspools its ninth edition over Nov. 27 through Dec. 1. Here are seven key points about this year’s market for visitors: The big titles Are foreign markets, like […]
- Box Office: ‘Coco’ Topping ‘Justice League’ With $70 Million Over Thanksgiving...
Disney-Pixar’s “Coco” has the edge over Warner Bros.-DC Entertainment’s “Justice League” in a race for the top domestic box office spot with about $70 million for the Wednesday-Sunday Thanksgiving holiday weekend. […]
- Channing Tatum’s Yeti Fears Humans in ‘Smallfoot’ First Trailer
Channing Tatum portrays a Yeti who’s clearly afraid of humans in Warner Bros.’ first trailer for the animated comedy “Smallfoot.” Tatum voices a young Yeti named Migo who’s shocked to discover a human, which the Yeti […]
- Comcast, Disney Keep Focus on 21st Century Fox Assets Despite AT&T-Time Warner Battle
Comcast and Disney are staying focused on the prospect of bidding for key 21st Century Fox assets despite the concern about the climate for media mergers raised by the Justice Department’s decision to fight the $85 billion union of AT&T […]
- Hitmakers: From Beyonce to Kim Kardashian, the Stars Are All About Bruno Mars
Musician Bruno Mars recently took over the Forum in Los Angeles for four sold-out shows on Nov. 7, 8, 10, and 11 for his “24K Magic World Tour,” where a star-heavy contingent was in attendance, along with some 61,000 fans. The Hitmaker […]
- YouTube Creators CaptainSparklez, EvanTube Sign With Kid-Media Startup Pocket.watch
Pocket.watch has signed partnership deals with two big YouTube creators — EvanTube and CaptainSparklez — giving the children’s media startup a network that produces around 1 billion monthly video views. CaptainSparklez, a […]
- ‘Captain Marvel’: Jude Law Lands Male Lead Opposite Brie Larson (EXCLUSIVE)
Jude Law is in negotiations to play the male lead opposite Brie Larson in Marvel’s “Captain Marvel,” sources tell Variety. Ben Mendelsohn is on board to play the villain with “Half Nelson” helmers Anna Boden and Ryan […]
- Record Store Day (Black Friday) Gotta-Haves: U2, Paul McCartney, Grateful Dead, Fleet...
The Black Friday edition of Record Store Day is essentially RSD Jr. — the main one takes place in April — but that doesn’t mean there won’t be long lines outside indie music shops on the day after Thanksgiving. A total of 150 […]