- Study: Meditation offers real benefits to seniors' psychological well-being
Meditating for 20 minutes daily for 18 months naturally boosted the psychological well-being of seniors, results from a randomized controlled trial published Friday show. […]
- Stanford twins study exhibits vegan diets' rapid heart benefits
A new trial utilizing identical twins suggests that a vegan diet can improve cardiovascular health in as little as eight weeks. […]
- Study: Tinnitus a response to auditory nerve damage not detected in hearing tests
People with persistent ringing in their ears, or tinnitus, are suffering from auditory nerve loss that goes undetected in standard hearing tests, a new U.S. study has found. […]
- Early coronary heart disease strong predictor for dementia, study finds
People diagnosed with coronary heart disease in early middle age are at much higher risk of developing dementia in later life than people with healthy hearts, a new Chinese study of 430,000 Britons found. […]
- Soccer ball heading may impair brain function, study says
Soccer players who hit the ball with their head may suffer a measurable decline in brain function, according to new research to be presented this week at the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America. […]
- 2 deaths, 45 hospitalizations linked to salmonella outbreak in cantaloupe, pre-cut fruit
A salmonella outbreak linked to cantaloupes and pre-cut fruit has caused 45 hospitalizations and two deaths, the CDC says. […]
- Rishi Sunak could miss NHS waiting list target over strikes, says Victoria Atkins
New health secretary Victoria Atkins says strikes by medics have delayed 1.1 million appointments. […]
- Infected blood: Tory rebellion expected on payouts amendment
Up to 30,000 people were given contaminated blood in the 1970s and 1980s. Thousands have died. […]
- Why Naga Munchetty is asking: ‘How are your periods?'
The Radio 5 Live presenter finds out that the answer could help many women like her. […]
- Gratitude practices can improve both physical and mental health, expert says: ‘Profound...
Gratitude has been scientifically linked to improved physical and mental health. Dr. Anne-Katherin Eiselt of Teladoc Health shares why it's beneficial and how to cultivate a gratitude practice. […]
- As physical therapist practices in America face staffing shortages, kids are 'suffering,'...
Outpatient physical therapist practices are experiencing severe staff shortages, according to a recent report by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). PTs weigh in on the situation. […]
- Free COVID tests coming to US schools, says federal government: ‘Preventing the...
The federal government will distribute free COVID-19 tests to schools across the U.S., according to an announcement posted on the U.S. Department of Education website this Wednesday. […]
- Home for the holidays? Here's how to avoid stress around family members, according to...
Heading into the holiday season, a licensed medical family therapist and other experts share tips on how to reduce family-related stress that may arise at home. […]
- As childhood pneumonia spreads, here’s what parents can do to keep their kids healthy
With some U.S. states now reporting outbreaks of childhood pneumonia cases, health experts share tips and insights for parents to prevent the illness from making its way into their households. […]
- Western Massachusetts reports RSV uptick as child pneumonia outbreak hits Ohio
An uptick in RSV cases is happening in western Massachusetts, leading some children to suffer from mild cases of pneumonia, according to a report. […]
More McStreamy Health Info:
ALSO SEE: WH Coronavirus Task Force Formed.
AND: CDC Says Caronavirus is A Public Health Risk.
TO LEARN MORE see the stories found at our sister website, TheTopNews.Net, the home of News Happening Now, since 2005.
ALSO SEE HEALTH NEWS at Clik2Go.com, May Our Portal Be With You.
AND SEE the HEALTH & WELLNESS category at TheTopNews.Net, the home of searchable News Happening Now from truthful news websites.
McStreamy News Exclusives:
- Former Police Officer Found Guilty of Manslaughter
McSTREAMY.COM NEWS – Former Minnesota police officer, Kim Potter (above), has been found guilty of Manslaughter in the death of Daunte Wright. The incident occurred during a traffic stop during which Daunte Wright was trying to leave while the […]
- Colin Powell, General, Statesman, America’s Finest, Gone
McSTREAMY.COM – COLIN POWELL, 84, an outstanding American who served the citizens of the United States in several positions during his accomplished lifetime, in the military and government at the highest levels, passed away October 18, 2021. […]