- 20% of smoking-related cancer survivors continue to smoke, study finds
Nearly 20 percent of survivors of smoking-related cancers continue the habit even after recovery. Among survivors of all types of cancer, more than half -- 56 percent -- remained active smokers. […]
- 90% of COVID-19 patients recover sense of smell, taste within 4 weeks, study finds
Nearly 90 percent of COVID-19 patients who lose their sense of smell or taste or both after becoming infected will see these symptoms begin to resolve within a few weeks. […]
- 63% of Americans locked down early in COVID-19 outbreak, reducing disease spread
Americans opting to stay at home even before their local officials imposed social distancing restrictions likely stemmed the spread of COVID-19 in many parts of the country, according to an analysis in the Lancet. […]
- Quest for COVID-19 vaccines: Where they stand
As the worldwide death toll from the novel coronavirus continues to rise, scientists across the globe are racing to find a vaccine. […]
- Official COVID-19 count may underestimate deaths by 28 percent
Official counts of COVID-19 cases in the United States may underestimate deaths by as much as 28 percent, according to an analysis published Wednesday by JAMA Internal Medicine. […]
- Discrimination increases hypertension risk by 49 percent in black Americans, study finds
Facing racial discrimination increases risk for high blood pressure among black Americans, according to a study published Wednesday by the journal Hypertension. […]
- NHS anniversary: Landmarks to be lit up in weekend of celebration
Landmarks will be lit up blue ahead of a nationwide applause celebrating 72 years of the health service. […]
- Coronavirus: Why disabled people are calling for a Covid-19 inquiry
Wheelchair-user Ginny Butcher says disabled people in the UK have been abandoned during the pandemic. […]
- Coronavirus UK map: How many confirmed cases are there in your area?
Key graphics explaining how coronavirus has spread in the UK and the government's response. […]
- Some COVID patients won't recover senses of taste, smell, study finds
A recent study out of Italy found that 10 percent of those who lost their smell and taste due to COVID-19 saw their symptoms worsen or stay the same over the course of the infection.&nbs […]
- With childrens' vaccinations down amid coronavirus, doctors get creative
Pediatricians across the country have said they're worried about the potential for new outbreaks of diseases that had been eradicated years ago, because children are getting fewer vaccines overall, according to recent data. […]
- Most states see coronavirus spikes as July 4 holiday weekend approaches
Coronavirus infections rose in 40 out of 50 states heading into what will be a very different July Fourth weekend, as the virus continues to make a resurgence following weeks of nationwide containment measures that have been re-imposed in many […]
- Georgia's coronavirus cases hit daily record, officials say
Georgia officials on Thursday said the state has confirmed nearly 3,500 new cases of the novel coronavirus to its official figures, the largest single-day increase since the pandemic began. […]
- Nearly 90 percent of coronavirus patients saw improved taste, smell after 4 weeks, study...
A new study reports that nearly 90 percent of COVID-19 patients saw an improvement or complete resolution of impairment after four weeks. […]
- California should double its coronavirus testing to control outbreak, Harvard scientists...
California must double the number of tests in order to contain its recent surge of coronavirus cases, Harvard University recently said.&nbs […]
More McStreamy Health Info:
ALSO SEE: WH Coronavirus Task Force Formed.
AND: CDC Says Caronavirus is A Public Health Risk.
TO LEARN MORE see the stories found at our sister website, TheTopNews.Net, the home of News Happening Now, since 2005.
ALSO SEE HEALTH NEWS at Clik2Go.com, May Our Portal Be With You.
AND SEE the HEALTH & WELLNESS category at TheTopNews.Net, the home of searchable News Happening Now from truthful news websites.
McStreamy News Exclusives:
- Democrat Joe Biden Passes Presidential Primary Threshold
McStreamy – Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden has now obtained the final primary votes needed to clinch the nomination with the targeted 1991 votes needed following the addition of recent results from primaries in seven states and […]
- Iconic Rock ‘N’ Roll Pioneer Little Richard’s Influence Lives
McStreamy News – Though he has passed on, his iconic songs continue, as will his influence. Rock ‘N’ Roll pioneer Little Richard, born Richard Wayne Penniman, who died May 9, 2020, at the age of 87, had what was considered […]