- Researchers spot weakness in coronavirus that could provide clues to cure
Researchers may have found a weakness in SARS-CoV2, the virus that causes COVID-19, that provides clues as to how to treat the infection -- and possibly develop a vaccine to prevent its spread. […]
- Pneumonia, flu linked to more than 8% of U.S. deaths in last week, CDC says
More than 8 percent of all deaths across the United States in the last week have been linked with pneumonia and influenza, a number on the rise likely because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC reported on Friday. […]
- Smartphone apps can identify AFib, but false positives give researchers pause
Smartphone apps using PPG signals to diagnose atrial fibrillation accurately identified patients with the condition, but researchers have concerns about the level of false positives produced by them. […]
- Polio immunization drives suspended due to COVID-19
The Global Polio Eradication Initiative has said it is pausing all immunization campaigns for the next six months to prevent further spread of COVID-19 and make available resources to fight the pandemic. […]
- World may lack sufficient supply of malaria drugs to treat COVID-19, experts argue
Limited supplies of the anti-malarials chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine could hinder plans to use them to treat COVID-19, experts warned Thursday, adding that the use poses a danger for patients already on the drugs. […]
- FDA relaxes blood donation restrictions for gay, bisexual men
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Thursday lessened restrictions that prevent many gay and bisexual men from donating blood as the country faces blood shortages because of the COVID-19 pandemic. […]
- Coronavirus: When will we know the UK lockdown is working?
Almost two weeks after Britons were confined to their homes, is the coronavirus curve flattening? […]
- Coronavirus: Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for Covid-19
The Bronx Zoo in New York says this case of human-to-animal transmission appears to be unique. […]
- Coronavirus: High street pharmacists 'needlessly put at risk'
Staff dispensing medicines say they urgently need more protective gear to guard against coronavirus. […]
- Boris Johnson remains in hospital due to persistent coronavirus symptoms: report
U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson remained at a hospital Monday after being admitted on Sunday night due to high temperatures that doctors said required additional tests. […]
- Asymptomatic coronavirus cases appear to be on the rise in China, report says
Just as China is about to lift travel restrictions in Wuhan—the city considered to be the country’s one-time epicenter of the coronavirus—Beijing has reported an increase in asymptomatic cases there, which raises new concerns […]
- Texas police search for woman they say claimed on social media that she would spread...
Police in Texas announced on Sunday they are looking for a woman who claimed on Snapchat to have tested positive for COVID-19 and was "willfully spreading it." […]
- Is it safe to go into supermarkets amid the coronavirus outbreak?
Is it safe to go into supermarkets amid the coronavirus outbreak? […]
- Coronavirus pandemic causing massive increase in hungry families, Feeding America CEO says
The growing coronavirus pandemic has resulted in a significant rise in demand from the charitable food system in America, as the nations faces rising unemployment, school closures and rising poverty due to quarantine and stay-at-home orders -- but […]
- Nurses at top New York City hospital say they deserve ‘hazard pay’ in battle against...
More McStreamy Health Info:
ALSO SEE: WH Coronavirus Task Force Formed.
AND: CDC Says Caronavirus is A Public Health Risk.
TO LEARN MORE see the stories found at our sister website, TheTopNews.Net, the home of News Happening Now, since 2005.
ALSO SEE HEALTH NEWS at Clik2Go.com, May Our Portal Be With You.
AND SEE the HEALTH & WELLNESS category at TheTopNews.Net, the home of searchable News Happening Now from truthful news websites.